Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Another HOT SEAT WITH GARY AND DIANE! - PS this is my favorite one yet!!


   What word/phrase/ concept has been the hardest for you to “get” in your new Spanish language training?  

      DIANE - 
Spanish in general has been my greatest struggle. When we are there I realize how much better it would be if I could speak and understand, but the words just do not stick in my head. I am plugging on with my Pimsler discs and praying that some of it will stick. Sometimes I think maybe I am just supposed to hug everyone! I can do that really well. I guess one really hard thing for me is the word order. In an adjective modifying a noun. It is reversed of what is is in English. The adjective is after the noun instead of before. But really that is just a small part of my difficulty. I am just trusting the Lord that He will help me with this. 

GARY - 
I am continuing to struggle with the tenses of the verbs.  I find that I am really speaking like Tonto did in the old Lone Ranger TV series.  "I go yesterday to the church."  or "Tomorrow, I write a letter, yes?" Always speaking in the present tense. It is simply that we all speak in the varying tenses in English without even thinking of it. But despite these shortcomings, I have found that with each visit I am able to communicate a little more effectively and hopefully more fluently.  I also remember that in Spanish, Tonto means "stupid" which doesn't give me much comfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment